Started writing one out yesterday when I got home from my midwife appointment. If I’m in a hospital to give birth, here’s what it looks like so far (along with notes for myself in parentheses):
– do not want to be hooked up to an IV at any point; would like to be able to walk around
– having a birth ball and tub available for pain relief would be nice; do not intend to give birth in water
– fridge/freezer available for cold drinks (gatorade?) and popsicles if possible (heard something about frozen fruit pops being good?)
– do not want to be given pitocin nor experience artificial rupturing of membranes; would rather let labour proceed as it will, but will do my best to consider the suggestion of others who have more wisdom & experience than I do
– prefer no epidural, but am flexible on this
– non-supine position preferred for delivery
And then notes for a homebirth:
NO FLASHES ON CAMERAS
turn off the phone (but keep it near Chris in case Mommy calls)
get a padded toilet seat
One note that they both share:
WHAT I SAY IS LAW AND I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF!
God, I’m such a bitch.